Part Of My Backyard Garden

Part Of My Backyard Garden
July 25, 2013

Monday, March 3, 2008

Leap Year

Hurray for me, I made it through leap day, that good old extra day that comes but once every four years. Every year we elect a president we get an extra day. Do we really need an extra day of campaigning?

Here is what needs to be done. Add a bunch of extra days to the other three years and then every fourth year—the presidential lies year. Ur-a, I meant campaigning year. Anyway let’s make that year just two days long, February 29th and the first Tuesday after a Monday in November (Election Day). Only it won’t be the first Tuesday after a Monday in November anymore- we’ll just call it the next day after the leap day every fourth year.

This way all campaigning will take place on leap day with 24 hours of TV campaign commercials and every page of the newspaper campaign adds. I will spend the day on the ski slope and then watch some TVO when I get home.

What a great plan!

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /> 

No comments: