Part Of My Backyard Garden

Part Of My Backyard Garden
July 25, 2013

Wednesday, July 11, 2012


Well, well, well looks and sounds like rain-that would be nice here in the Wyoming dry country. Fishing and Golf with my 7 year old grandson seems to be taking up most of my summer days. Nice summer !


-The following is an almost true story-
 The Old-Timers Garden

A very old Wyoming man lived alone in the country. He wanted spade up his
garden, but it was difficult work as the ground was hard. His only son,
Billy, who used to help him, was in prison. The old man wrote a letter
to his son and described his predicament:


Dear Billy,

I am feeling pretty bad because it looks like I won't be able to plant my
 garden this year. I'm just getting too old to be digging up a garden
plot. If you were here my troubles would be over. I know you would dig
the plot for me.

Love, Dad


A few days later he received a letter from his son:


Dear Dad,

Don’t  dig up the garden. That is where I buried the BODIES.

Love, Billy


At 5 a.m. the next morning, FBI agents and local police arrived and dug up
the entire area without finding any bodies. They apologized to the old man
and left. That same day the old man received another letter from his son:


Dear Dad,

Sorry I could not be there to help with the garden, You can go ahead and plant now. That's the best I could do under
the circumstances.

Billy

No comments: