Part Of My Backyard Garden

Part Of My Backyard Garden
July 25, 2013

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

First Onions are Up

In a follow up from the Feb 5th onion seed planting, the first new plants poked through yesterday. I was surprised as four days is pretty quick for onions. Packet information is not always spot-on but four days is fast when it is expected to be 7-14 days. Today is day five and it looks like I have 20, or so, very young plants poking through. They are so small I will wait a day or two before I attempt a photo.
Should be looking like this by the first of June - fingers crossed
Next up flowers and tomatoes. If I plant in the middle of this month it will give me ten weeks after planting to the first of May. I will plant some of my flowers, the ones in five-inch pots, with seed directly into the pots they will stay in. Saves time, and some stunted days after transplanting. I also start my tomatoes in larger pots, 3-5 inches so that they can go from the pot to the garden.
By the middle of July, I hope to have this look again in the garden
More coming soon.
Still looking good - Late September last year

Happy Gardening

No comments: