Part Of My Backyard Garden

Part Of My Backyard Garden
July 25, 2013

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Garden and the Storm

Wow - thought my gardens might be goners tonight when a big storm rolled in.

But all is well, no damage but we did get .40 of rain in a short period of time and are still in a watch until midnight. I turned off the sprinkler system for tomorrow, it's mowing day anyway.
My little woodlands gardens in front took a little hit from the wind but look fine now. When I took this photo I noticed a very nice Guernsey Wyoming, post storm, sunset.
 
And in one final note, I have two tomatoes (Better Boy's) turning color. The goal is my first tomato before July 1, looks like I have a week left. We seldom eat bacon, but when that first tomato ripens it will be BLTs with lettuce from the garden and homemade French bread. Can't hardly wait

1 comment: