Part Of My Backyard Garden

Part Of My Backyard Garden
July 25, 2013

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Debt Ceiling, Me and Entitlements


Time to raise the debt ceiling, so says Washington. I am having a tough time understanding how raising the debt ceiling is a deficit reduction plan- maybe it’s just me but seems like we need to lower dept to reduce the deficit.

The president wants a balanced approach and the speaker wants to match spending cuts to the debt. Are those plans, or just suggestions?

Remember in the old days we spent what we had then tightened up our belts and waited for the next pay check. Whatever happened to that?

As an old (or not so old) retired guy I am sick of listening to social security being called an entitlement program, as if it is some kind of welfare for us old codgers. I paid in for 47 years and now am a bad guy seeking an entitlement – i.e. – hand out from the government.

Just give me back my money with a reasonable amount of interest over the years and we will call it all square. Maybe just five or six percent compounded annually.

The government used my money, free of charge, for half a century, now I would like some of it back. Entitlement my ass!

No comments: