Part Of My Backyard Garden

Part Of My Backyard Garden
July 25, 2013

Saturday, January 4, 2014

So Cold the Old Cow Gave Ice Cream


Looks like it will get really cold tomorrow. Here in Wyoming we are used to it. Two years ago I walked to work (three blocks) with temperature -38 and wind chill of -52. Can’t say we get used to it, but you get to where you put up with it. The upside, our summers in Wyoming are spectacular as is late spring and fall. I hope everyone listens to the weather and stays home when the temps dip so low, it is supposed to be short lived, maybe one day and gone.

I remember as a kid growing up in the fifties and going out to milk the cow early in the morning. It was the first week of February and at five in the morning the temperature hovered between -30 and -35. I milked ol’ Bessie as fast as I could and ran into the house with a full bucket of ----you guessed it --- Ice Cream, yep, it was really that cold.

No comments: