Part Of My Backyard Garden

Part Of My Backyard Garden
July 25, 2013

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Garden Plants Started and Growing

Planted a flat of sweet onions today. 72 cells, 2 to 5 seeds in each (I will thin to two each). My cherry and yellow pear tomatoes are up about three inches and growing nicely.
Cherry and Pear Tomato

 They are in patio containers and I will add about a half inch of soil every two weeks starting this week. When the pot is full, about three adds of soil should do it, I let them grow. Because they will be on their own before the last frost day in our area I will bring them in at night if needed.

I will be planting some more flowers this week, cucumbers and some ornamental gourds next week.
Tomatoes up and growing about 6 in high

The last date of frost in our area (Zone 5 but we are in a bit of a mini-climate where it is warmer than most all of zone 5) is May 15, but I am not convinced this year. I believe we could frost up to the first of June. Last year I had everything pretty much in by the 15th of May, the year before by the first of May.
Plants outside during the day inside at night.
 



Happy Gardening

-N-

No comments: