Part Of My Backyard Garden

Part Of My Backyard Garden
July 25, 2013

Friday, March 7, 2014

Portable Greenhouse


Moving my garden outside when it acceptable and inside when it is too cool. At this time of the year I bring the trays in at night. If the weather is good with some sunshine I can get the flats out by 8:30 or 9:00 in the morning. They get good sun until about 4:00. Everything seems to be growing nicely, but plants are inside today, still waiting for it to hit the magic 50 outside, and some sun would help.


One thing I have found out using these portable greenhouse, watch the heat. If the sun is bright they can heat to 40 degrees more than the outside temperature. I check and open up as needed throughout the day. If I am going to be away I leave them open just to be safe. Check soil moister and don’t give plants a chance to dry out.

No comments: