Part Of My Backyard Garden

Part Of My Backyard Garden
July 25, 2013

Saturday, March 1, 2014

When To Start Garden Plants


My scientific method for when to plant may have taken a hit this year. Last year I started my flats in early March, this year late February. Why, because I decided I could plant earlier this year, not sure what brought that on. Right now it looks like I might be later not earlier than usual.  This is my perennial garden at noon today.
 


Does not look like any color will be soon forthcoming. This is what it will look like in 100 days or so.

 

For now I will settle for this 
 and this
 
 

 
    and what is that you ask. Why, that would be my furnace room flat starting area.

 We old gardeners will settle for almost anything when it is cold snowy and blowing outside. Even a left over, from Christmas, Poinsettia setting in the window. 

No comments: